If you have seen or suspect animal neglect, cruelty or abuse, local law enforcement is the key contact. File a complaint with your local sheriff (county) or local police (city). Nothing can be resolved until this is done. We urge you to take action and provide a voice for animals. Unfortunately, we are not a law enforcement agency and have no power to investigate, seize animals, or fine owners. The best we can do is assist law enforcement with the carrying out of their decision if they ask for our assistance.

Winona County

City of Winona Animal Control: 507-457-6294

Goodview Police Department: 507-452-1500

Winona County Sherriff’s Department, Dave Brand: 507-457-6368

Lewiston Police Department: 507-523-2534

Winona Police Department: 507-457-6201


Fillmore County

Chatfield Police Department: 507-867-3331

Fillmore County Sheriff’s Department: 507-765-3874

Lanesboro Police Department: 507-467-3515

Mabel Police Department: 507-493-5299

Rushford Police Department: 507-864-2543


Houston County

Caledonia Police Department: 507-725-2889

Hokah Police Department: 507-894-4777

Houston County Sherriff’s Department: 507-725-3379

Houston Police Department: 507-896-3234

La Crescent Police Department: 507-895-4414

Spring Grove Police Department: 507-498-5221


Buffalo County

Alma Police Department: 608-685-4577

Buffalo County Sheriff’s Department: 608-685-4433

Fountain City Police Department: 608-687-4214


Trempealeau County

Trempealeau County Police Department: 608-534-6875

Trempealeau County Sheriff’s Department: 715-538-4509